Escaping daily life is not the worst choice to choose! Especially to Italy!
Tired of meetings, decisions, plans and the daily routine I headed for Milan! Unlikely I visited Milan with the extended family on holidays, but nethertheless I had four sunny days (30 Min of rain) strolling through this lovely place. Enlightened by the general style, love for details and especially espresso!!!
Cafés and food
- Cafezal – a speciality espresso bar with a passionate Carlos who’s roast is just perfect!
- orsonero – a speciality coffee shop run by a canadian-italian couple
- Osteria qui da noi – a real italian osteria (reservation obliged)
- La Triennale Di Milano – Espresso is Illy based (ok), service is perfect, try the Pasticcini
- moleskine café – an ideal location for spotting real italians in a rush (espresso is solid but not special)
- Prime One Seven – lovely burgers!
- A café at Isola – where I ordered an espresso by shaking head / nodding.
- China Town – stroll around beside the mainroad
- La Triennale Di Milano – Design Museum. A special and quite place including the garden and the library in the basement. Espresso is Illy based, service is perfect!
- the marble middle finger of Milan – a twelfe meter high middle finger pointing to the financial district
- Panarello – if you need (en)lightment by italian lamp makers (especially Artemide
- Musei del Castello – the fortress of Milan
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle II – the milanese standard for shopping malls
- the dome
- the canals at Naviglio