The number of wordpress installations increased and the scaleability by doubeling the number of installation is limited.
So I switched from single site to the multisite environment of wordpress by following some web instructions.
After failing in exporting and importing on the nextgen gallery part I finally succeeded by simply editing the file path for the galleries by search and replace. Yes. I did. This.
Doing a manual installation of owncloud 7 can be a pain – if you don’t know what to do.
This is my personal way to get it installed:
- Create a new MySQL DB within KAS, note username and password
- Create a new subdomain if needed (proposed) and activate SSL (proposed)
- download owncloud as a tar-bz file
- upload the tar-bz file and unpack it right a way (best use webFTP)
- edit the .htaccess and
- add „php_value magic_quotes_gpc off“ behind the memory limit
(in my case as line 14)
- add „php_value session.save_path /www/htdocs/<LOGIN>/tmp“ as you dont have access rights to the official tmp folder
- CHMOD folder apps, lib and config to 755
- CHOWN owncloud folder to php-user
The actual installation
- go to the installation folder
- setup your own administrator account (save them somewhere safe)
- choose a MySQL DB, insert credentials as username, database name and the password.
- create a user for daily use
- CHOWN config.php at configconfig.php
- add ssl-account.com as a trusted domain
- edit and edit and add:
'overwritehost' => 'ssl-account.com',
'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
'overwritewebroot' => '/oc.eure-domain.de',
'overwritecondaddr' => '^%eure-IP-bei-allinkl.com%$',
'forcessl' => 'true'
If you have any questions or other notations – please comment!
My knowledge has been provided by:
Thanks for your support!
Final question: why do I post if others did the same? Because I need to remember it! 😉
Doing it by urself is the best way to learn!
As my dropbox was running out of space, I had to take chance to use my webspace. Thus owncloud came into my mind. No real space limits and similiar performance.
Included the SSL-support although heartbeat is on its way.
Yes – everyone knows it. Everyone can see it. But nobody knows how it is to sit in the middle.
In germany our precious TV show „Die Maus“ would be the way of educating our little ones.
In Japan it might be more the „manga-style“ – and here it comes!
after updating the system, I renewed the gallery.
New categories, and new pictures, especially from Germany.
Next „innovation“ might be the contact form, if you wan’t to contact me at any time, please drop some lines.
Pictures – Germany and Contact
After few years of just using – I simply had to update to wordpress 3.0. New technique, new Backend design, updated plugins. Just more than altering the surface.
The new gallery can be found at the page „pictures“ in the top menu. I’ll post some pictures of South Africa when I’ll be there.